SofTech Custom Seating System
The new SofTech custom seating system is here. With completely new state of the art electronics and wirless remote control, the best just got better.
Like the Airpulse PK2, the SofTech is designed to treat and prevent pressure sores/ulcers by automatically changing pressure distribution much like an alternating mattress.
The benefits of the active SofTech wheelchair cushion are similar to doing a pressure lift. Circulation to compressed skin and tissue is re-established. Circulation is the key to preventing pressure ulcers.
The SofTech is built with the same customization as the APK2 which includes full-time offloading under one or more existing pressure ulcers.
The SofTech goes a step beyond our APK2 cushion system in that SofTech is a completely self-contained system with the electronics, battery and pump built right into the cushion rather than in a separate controller.
We guarantee our custom cushions to be the most effective cushions on the market in terms of stimulating circulation while offloading under existing pressure injury. We also have the most clinical evidence of any cushion.
- All electronics for the SofTech are contained inside the cushion
- Redundant power switch and recharger port on cushion side
- SofTech electronics cannot be felt when sitting on the cushion, and do not interfere with operation
- No exposed hoses to get caught or damaged
- Entire system weighs about 5 pounds
- Wireless remote control is standard
- SofTech exterior surface is waterproof coated foam
- Internal air bladders automatically inflate and deflate in two groups changing pressure distribution and stimulating circulation
- Anti-microbial cover